Bills we supported that passed
- HB 159(Grubbs) - Funds k-12 schools (absent prek). Signed by Governor. VRR
- HB 175(Dooling) - Ratifies union negotiated state and university employee base pay, health insurance, and per diem. Signed by Governor. VR
- HB 351(McKamey) – Provides incentives for school districts to implement “transformational” learning. Passed Legislature. VR
- HB 387(Jones) – Expands personalized opportunities for students to accelerate career and college readiness. Passed Legislature. VR
- HB 638(Bedey) - Inflates special education funding for the biennium. Passed Legislature. VR
- HB 658(Buttrey) - Repeals Medicaid Expansion sunset with work-related requirements. Passed Legislature. VR
- SB 60(Salomon) - Dedicates $2 million in lottery net revenue to MUS STEM scholarships. Passed Legislature. VR
- SB 92(Salomon) - Provides greater local school district funding capacity to address school safety issues - Passed Legislature. VR
- SB 338(Gauthier/Cohenour) - Montana Museums Act: Provides funding for Montana Heritage Center and museums around Montana with a 1% tax increase in accommodations tax. Passed Legislature. VR
Bills we opposed that failed
- HB 303(DeVries) – Abolishes compulsory education. Tabled House Education.
- HB 396(M. Regier) – Prohibits public employees from supporting or opposing ballot issues and political candidates. Tabled House State Administration.
- HB755(Moore) - Governor's prek bill that creates taxpayer funded public and private charter pre-k schools governed by a department of early childhood independent of local school districts, board of public education, and office of public instruction. Tabled House Education - Failed two attempts to amend into SB 352Free Conference Committee.
- SB 234(Fitzpatrick) – Steps toward privatization of Montana State Fund. Passed Senate - Failed 2d Reading House. VR
Bills we watched that passed
- HB 211(Jones) – Funds quality education loan repayment. Passed Legislature.
- HB 323(Tschida) – Codifies Janus. Passed Legislature.
- HB 567(Skees) – Creates public school marshal program. Passed Legislature.
- SB 139(Lang) - Incentivizes teachers to retire at 27 years, draw full retirement, and continue to teach in 2d and 3d class sized school communities. Passed Legislature.
Bills we supported that failed
- HB 27(Funk) – Inflates special education funding. Tabled House Appropriations.
- HB 209 (Funk) – Authorizes state employee career ladders. Tabled House Appropriations.
- HB 235(Fern) – Creates opportunity for school districts to create statewide school employee health care trust. Tabled House Health and Human Services.
- HB 298(Pope) – Provides ANB funding of certain students with disabilities up to age 21. Passed House - Tabled Senate Education.
- HB 339(Moore) – Creates and funds loan repayment for Child Protective Specialists. Tabled House Appropriations.
- HB 455(Windy Boy) – Qualifies eligible classified school employees for unemployment compensation. Tabled House Business and Labor.
- HB 477(Funk) – As amended in House Judiciary requires OPI to develop model firearms safety training policies and procedures. Passed House - Tabled Senate Judiciary.
- SB 128 (Cohenour) – Repeals state employee longevity pay break in service penalty. Tabled Senate State Administration.
- SB 152(Barrett) – Makes 6-mill MUS levy permanent. Tabled House Tax. VR
Bills we opposed that passed
- HB 325(M. Regier) – Repeals a local government’s power to regulate the carrying of concealed weapons and authorizes a person with a concealed weapon permit to carry anywhere in public buildings including schools. Passed Legislature. VR
- HB 357(M. Regier) – Legislative Referendum – same intent as HB 325 but not subject to gubernatorial veto. Passed Legislature. VR
- SB 304(R. Webb) – Authorizes legislators to conceal carry on state property, including the Capitol building. Passed Legislature. VR